3. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
3.1 TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU DIRECTLY
We may collect personal data from you directly when you provide us with personal data so that you can register as a member, register for prize draws or competitions, receive information or mailings, buy a product or service from us, complete a survey, make a comment or enquiry, contact our customer services or for a variety of other reasons. Please be assured that we will not collect any personal data unless you provide this information voluntarily.
The types of data we may collect from you directly include your:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Home telephone number or mobile number
- Order history and/or wishlist
- Payment history
- Date of birth
3.2 TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT THE SITES (COOKIES)
- Information about the type of browser you use
- Details of the web pages you have viewed
- Your IP address
- The hyperlinks you have clicked
- The websites you visited before arriving at our Site
3.3 TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive personal data about you from other sources, which could include commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators to the extent permitted by applicable Data Protection Laws.
The types of data we may collect from such sources include:
- Street address
- Your shopping habits
- Preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests
- Publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to your prior consent where required under applicable Data Protection Laws, we may use your personal data:
- To process your registration
- To provide the services
- To respond to your queries or comments
- For the purposes of promotion, prize draws or competitions that you have entered
- To send you products or samples that you have requested
- To evaluate the use of our Site, products and services and understand your browsing and shopping habits
- To make product recommendations to you
- To carry out analytics and market research
- To analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements
- To profile your purchases of products
- To prevent or detect fraud or other crimes and/or verify your identity
- To verify/check your credit/payment status
- To process payment instructions
We may supplement the personal data you provide to us with other information that we hold or that we may receive from third parties. We do this for marketing purposes to provide you with more targeted products and services.
We may send you, by post, email, SMS or push notification details of products, services, special offers, promotions and other information that we think may be of interest to you based on your previous purchases and information you have given to us. Third parties may also, working on our behalf, market to you via social media channels. From time to time we may also contact you for customer research purposes. You may unsubscribe from such communications at any time, by changing your communication preferences in the 'My Account' section of the Site, via the unsubscribe link that you will find at the bottom of every marketing email we send or by contacting customer relations on email@example.com or 0207 193 7816. However, if you do unsubscribe you may miss out on some great offers.
We may from time to time operate a 'refer a friend' or 'email a friend' service to enable you to easily recommend a product, offer or other information to a friend. If you use this facility, please ensure that you have obtained your friend's consent before you provide us with their personal data. When we contact the friend we will always tell them the name and email address of the person who made the referral. We will not use your friend's information for any other purpose unless they consent to us doing so.
We may use third parties to help us process and analyse your personal data, to give us insights that we can use to improve our products and services, and to track the effectiveness of a particular promotion or campaign. Also, if you order a product or service from us, we may share your personal data with our suppliers and other third parties to allow delivery of the products and services you have ordered. Any such suppliers or third parties are not authorised by us to use your personal data in any other way and will be required by us to implement measures to protect your personal data. Please note that we may need to disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by law, or by a warrant, subpoena or court order.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website you visit.
9. YOUR RIGHTS AND WHO TO CONTACT
- don't want to be contacted in the future by us;
- would like a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- would like us to correct or update your personal data in our records; or
You can send an email to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 0207 193 7816, or write to us at: Scentsational , Ace Parfums Limited, Mays Wish, Foster Street, Harlow, CM17 9HR.